11/16/2022 by Troy Huggett, M.S. 0 Comments
Just a little fun!
A fun change of pace to get through the holiday!
What better way to enjoy the holidays without ruining your plan. Instead, whip up this delicious no-bake mango pie? You won't find any processed sugars or refined carbs in this dessert – just sweet and nutritious whole food ingredients. That being said, remember to use portion control even with nutritious desserts.
Here's what you need...
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla beans, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Combine the pecans, 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla bean, sea salt and 3/4 cup of the dates in a food processor. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a pie pan, set aside.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup dates, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean and water in a food processor or blender. Mix until a thick syrup forms.
- Place the mangoes in a large mixing bowl. Toss with the syrup until fully combined.
- Arranged the mangoes over the crust, then sprinkle with the remaining crust.
- Keep in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 220 calories, 12g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 3g protein.
Get Strong - Stay Fit!
Leave a comment